Computer technicians diagnose, repair, and maintain hardware and software components to ensure the smooth running of computer systems. The duties of the Computer technician include being a reference point for all IT-related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner, and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties. Computer technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with customers from various industries. They are required to listen to their technical needs, understand their problems, and implement solutions to them.
– Provide onsite support on troubleshooting hardware and software issues
– Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability
– Ensuring electrical safety standards are met
– Repairing or replacing damaged hardware
– Upgrading the entire system to enable compatible software on all computers
– Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level
– Performing tests and evaluations of new software and hardware
– Providing support to customers and being the first point of contact for error reporting
– Establishing good relationships with customers and all colleagues.
– Managing technical documentation.
– Diploma in computer science or related field
– 2+ years of experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Good interpersonal skills
– Proficient in database programming and software installation
– Attention to detail
– Good problem-solving skills
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria